Caramel, pecan nuts and chocolate are the key ingredients for this mouth-watering brownie. (psst… Top with pomegranate seeds to make it look healthier than it really is)
- 150g Soft butter
- 200g Dark chocolate pieces
- 175g Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 55g Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 55g Chopped pecan nuts
- 4 tbsp Caramel
- Melt the butter and a quarter of the chocolate in the microwave and stir well.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Lastly, fold in nuts and remaining chocolate pieces. Transfer to a lined, 20cm baking tin.
- In a separate bowl, stir the caramel until smooth and swirl spoonfuls into the batter.
- Bake at 180° for 40 minutes.